Friday, December 4, 2015

We jinxed it!

The IPs have all of their family out of town and they were planning on going to home for Thanksgiving.  I was maybe a tiny bit nervous but felt comfortable since I was only about 32.5 weeks along when they were flying out.  Before they left Ms. J and I joked about how they would leave and that something would end up happening.  Little did we know that something would be happening.

I had a cold for about 3 weeks by the time they flew out to visit family and just hadn't been feeling so great!  I went to the chiropractor the day they left and was under the weather but was managing life for the most part.  I picked up my daughter and the thought of dealing with dinner and bed seemed like a nightmare with how I was feeling.  I had texted a couple surrogate friends and they said I should go in and ask for an IV to see if that would help.  Even though I was still drinking fluids it just didn't seem like it was enough.

I called my daughter's dad and had him come take her for the night.  I felt good enough to drive but did notice that I had kind of painful Braxton hicks when I headed to the hospital.  I figured that with this being my 3rd pregnancy that it wasn't anything special.  When I arrived at the hospital Ms. J texted me saying they had landed so I called her with the news that I was at the hospital.  She was all ready to get back on a flight back to Utah just in case.  I told her to hold off until we knew for sure what they were going to do or say.  I go up to Labor and Delivery and they get me all hooked up and lo and behold those BH were actually contractions and not getting any  better.  They seemed to be gradually getting more intense and closer together.

This little guy was moving like crazy the entire time they were monitoring me which was a good sign and so reassuring during this.  While I was in L&D they did an Fetal Fibernectin test (FFN) on me which basically gives you an idea if you will deliver in the next 2 weeks.  They gave me fluids which helped a ton!  Since the contractions weren't really letting up they decided to give me a shot to stop the contractions or at least slow them down.  They checked me and everything was still closed tight and no sign of a progressed cervix, thankfully!

The family was already planning on staying at a hotel that was close to the airport so if needs be Ms. J could have hopped back on a plane.  She didn't need to thankfully since I am very much pregnant still.  It was comforting to know that she would have done so if needs be.

I went the OB office the next day and saw the on call OB and he checked my cervix just to be sure nothing happened over night.  Still nothing was happening there!!  I have basically had contractions and Braxton Hicks every single day since this and just have to deal with it.  I was given a prescription to stop contractions if they get bad again but with being almost 35 weeks my OB said we probably wouldn't stop them at this point.  I have just been taking it easy and not doing anything out of the norm.

Let us hope he stays put til the beginning of January, at least!

No comments: