Last I posted we had just filed our contract and had a judge that IP's lawyer had never worked with before. We were all very nervous about what would happen. IM and I both were trying to be optimistic but we both felt like things weren't going to go as smoothly as we'd hope.
We didn't hear from the courts for another two weeks, finally on June 19 we heard back and we did not get good news at all. Our judge decided that he wanted my family to do a home study. In the State of Utah that is a requirement but we try to get it waived to avoid the extra time and money spent in between transferring. With that news we were all really down and just bummed that this was happening.
For the next week we were throwing around filing our contract in California and just having me deliver there. Day one of us getting the news of having to do a home study I was all for it but as I started contemplating it all I really felt like I needed to deliver their babies in Utah. My IPs felt the same but also didn't want to jeopardize something going wrong and still wanted the option of me delivering in California.
All while this was happening they were discussing things with their lawyer and trying to figure out this new aspect of what to do. It was a lot of crying on mine and IM's part and lots of praying and hoping that things would work out the way they needed to.
After a week of contemplating our plan we decided the best route was for us to still keep our contract filed through Utah State and to do the home study that way I can deliver in Utah. There were too many if's with me delivering in California and I am sure it would have worked out but we just didn't want to chance that.
We did find a loop hole for us to still move forward with the transfer though which we are elated about. We really didn't want to have to wait a few more months just to transfer. I really don't want to be hugely pregnant in the Summer either. ha Their lawyer sent a clearance letter to the fertility clinic saying we were okay to transfer now!!
Now we just need to wait to hear from the fertility clinic about getting my calendar and dates all set up.