Saturday, June 29, 2013

News is better then no news at all

Last I posted we had just filed our contract and had a judge that IP's lawyer had never worked with before.  We were all very nervous about what would happen.  IM and I both were trying to be optimistic but we both felt like things weren't going to go as smoothly as we'd hope.

We didn't hear from the courts for another two weeks, finally on June 19 we heard back and we did not get good news at all.  Our judge decided that he wanted my family to do a home study.  In the State of Utah that is a requirement but we try to get it waived to avoid the extra time and money spent in between transferring.  With that news we were all really down and just bummed that this was happening.

For the next week we were throwing around filing our contract in California and just having me deliver there.  Day one of us getting the news of having to do a home study I was all for it but as I started contemplating it all I really felt like I needed to deliver their babies in Utah.  My IPs felt the same but also didn't want to jeopardize something going wrong and still wanted the option of me delivering in California.

All while this was happening they were discussing things with their lawyer and trying to figure out this new aspect of what to do.  It was a lot of crying on mine and IM's part and lots of praying and hoping that things would work out the way they needed to.

After a week of contemplating our plan we decided the best route was for us to still keep our contract filed through Utah State and to do the home study that way I can deliver in Utah.  There were too many if's with me delivering in California and I am sure it would have worked out but we just didn't want to chance that.

We did find a loop hole for us to still move forward with the transfer though which we are elated about.  We really didn't want to have to wait a few more months just to transfer.  I really don't want to be hugely pregnant in the Summer either. ha  Their lawyer sent a clearance letter to the fertility clinic saying we were okay to transfer now!!

Now we just need to wait to hear from the fertility clinic about getting my calendar and dates all set up.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Signed and filed

What I thought would have taken a few weeks at most ended up taking a few months to get the contracts signed and notarized. In Utah the laws are a little more safe then most states, they have you jump through a few extra hoops. I think it is a good thing except when you are wanting to be pregnant months ago it stinks having to wait longer then anticipated. I honestly thought that we would have transferred their embies by at least by march and here it is June and we just barely filed them! Ha. My point is this process is a whole lot of hurry up and then wait!

I can proudly say that we have officially signed and notarized all documents and filed them to the courts!! I signed on June 4th and they were filed on the 5th.  On top of filing our contract and such we have sent paperwork to also waive a home study and hearing. Since mrs&mr California live in California if the judge says they need a home study it'll be another 6-8 weeks to get that finished.  If we need a hearing we are hoping that the judge is fine with them being present over the telephone. Save a trip here for maternity pictures or something else!

I haven't mentioned the best part yet...  We are the lucky candidates to get a new judge so we have no idea what way he might go.  I'm really hoping it turns out good, I'd still like to transfer on July 12! 6 weeks and counting!!

Here is to hoping for a quick response in our favor...